Monday, April 18, 2011

This is the blank canvas I began with!  Debbie & Bart Goodwin, owners of The Secret Garden in Waynesville, Ohio were wonderful enough to let me open a small vintage boutique at their Fabulous shop!  I had a wonderful time painting and decorating and adding Shabby Chic type accessories such as a chandelier and now it's a gorgeous little place to browse for one of a kind wares from the past!


These extra large and wonderfully ornate frames were purchased at an estate sale.  You can't find frames like this any more.  I love the aged look and fabulous details.  They have so much character and can really add to any painting or picture you choose to use with them.


These old vintage typewriters are becoming quite the collectible!  They make wonderful display items in your home or in a shop.



I adore vintage liquor decanters!  They come a variety of shapes, colors and sizes.  This display features a large collection that I have displayed in an extra large round tray filled with green moss.

This was a wonderful and unusual find!  An actual marriage certificate in a very ornate gold frame from the 1800's!   Because it is under glass it is in extremely good condition.  The artwork on these old certificates are absolutely beautiful!


I took this table purchased at an estate sale and painted it turquois and added gold metalic trim and a vintage finial to the top.  Once it was painted and had a new pink acrylic drawer handle it was a brand new table!  It really turned out beautiful.

I just love old farm type tables that have the paint peeling.  They have such character and charm!  This was another wonderful find from an estate sale.  I have one similar in my kitchen in the center of the room and everyone that comes in and sees it has wanted to buy it!


The one accessory that adds flair to ANY room!  A chandelier!  If it were up to me I think I would have one in every room in my house!  I even have one in my bathroom.  They add a touch of elegance and fun to any space!

I hope you will stop and visit The Secret Garden and check out all of their wonderful garden items and also my new little vintage boutique!    If you like vintage jewelry please visit my online shop at:  http://www.moondogcottage.etsy.com/ 

Visit The Secret Garden website at:  http://www.secretgardenwaynesville.com/

The Secret Garden
4107 E State Route 73
Waynesville, OH 45068-9512
(513) 897-5505